Chicken & Mushroom Hot Pot
300g skinless chicken breast, diced
1/2 cup cream of mushroom soup, condensed (Campbell’s)
1 tbs light sour cream
8-10 mushroom, sliced finely (3/4 cup sliced)
1/4 cup leek, sliced finely
1/2 cup spring onion, chopped finely
1-2 cloves garlic
2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp nutmeg spice
Spray olive oil for pan frying
1 cup cooked quinoa, (1/2 cup per serve) OR other low GI carbohydrate selection)
Quinoa (a low GI carbohydrate not shown in picture but can use any of Eating Fit's recommended low GI carbohydrates. Quinoa, freekah or a long grain brown rice work well!
TO SERVE WITH
2-3 cups steamed vegetables, e.g. eggplant, pumpkin, capsicum, squash and broccolini).
1. Brown leek, spring onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken on medium heat in pan until just cooked.
2. Sprinkle with nutmeg and stir. Add soup and light sour cream to the pan and turn down to low heat.
3. Steam a selection of your favourite vegetables.
4. Let flavours infuse for 5-10 minutes until transferring on to plate and side with quinoa and steam vegetables.
• If lacking the time to cook up quinoa, add sweet potato to the steamer with the other vegetables as your Low GI carbohydrate.
|SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 1
SERVING SIZE: 470.2g