Healthy Fried Farro
1 cup farro, cooked
1 cup peas, frozen
1 cup corn, frozen
6-8 medium mushrooms, sliced (70g)
2 red chillies, (optional amount)
2 tsp garlic paste, or 2 cloves diced
1/4 cup spring onion, chopped
3 eggs, 1 yolk only
8 large fresh prawn cutlets, (150g)
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tbs salt reduced soy sauce
1. Cook farro according to instructions (note: you can use other ‘allowed’ grains).
2. Add 2 tsp. sesame oil to pan on medium heat, brown mushrooms and onion .
3. Combine eggs (discard 2 of the yolks) in small bowl, whisk and then add to the pan. Let cook for 1 minute then stir a further 1 minute.
4. Add prawns to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add farro to pan and stir through.
6. Pour both frozen peas and corn into a sieve and run under hot water to soften before adding to pan (try to limit extra moisture during transfer).
7. Add chilli and soy sauce to pan and stir a further 2 minutes.
• You can use other vegetables such as bean shoots, carrots or bok choy as long as a there is at least 1.5 cups of vegetables per serving!
• Quinoa, brown rice, freekeh, barley and spelt can be used as alternatives to farro.
|SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 1
SERVING SIZE: 486.7g