Healthy Mexican Chicken Enchiladas
200g skinless chicken breast, diced
1/2 cup 4 bean mix (or red kidney beans)
1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh spring onion, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped finely
1-2 cloves garlic, diced or 1-2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp Mexican spice (Masterfoods)
1/2 cup medium Salsa (salt reduced if available)
3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes (or fresh)
2 wholegrain wraps (Superfoods Wholegrain Barley Wraps)
1-2 tbs low fat tasty cheese
TO SERVE WITH
2-3 cups steamed vegetables e.g. eggplant, pumpkin, capsicum, squash and broccolini)
*At least 1 cup of cooked vegetables (or salad) per serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Spray pan with olive oil (or use ½ tsp. of coconut oil), brown spring onion, garlic, chilli and chicken on medium heat on pan until just cooked. Add Mexican spice while cooking.
3. Add beans, salsa and diced tomatoes to pan and turn down to a low-medium heat. Stir through to mix well and let infuse for a few minutes.
4. Line baking dish with baking paper (save time washing up).
5. Place 1/3 of mixture in each wrap and fold over to tuck one side underneath. You can use toothpicks to help hold wrap in position.
6. With remaining mixture pour over the top of both enchiladas so the weight keeps wrap down.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and spring onion (optional).
8. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes on 180°C or until brown.
9. Cut vegetables and place in steamer until cooked (10-15 minutes).
10. Serve enchilada with ½ plate steamed vegetables and spoon the topping from baking dish evenly between serves.
• For those that like it hot go all out on the chilli, for those that spice is not your thing, remove chilli!
|SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 1
SERVING SIZE: 563.4g