Banana Oat Pancakes with Greek Yoghurt and Fruit
October 31st 2018, POSTED UNDER > Uncategorized
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Wholegrain oats, ½ – ¾ cup
- Banana, mashed, ½ -1 medium sized
- Milk of choice, 30-50ml
- Greek yoghurt, 2-3 tbsp.
- Egg, whole, 1
- Baking powder, 1 tsp.
- Vanilla bean extract, 1 cap full (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1-2 tsp. for pan
To serve with:
- Greek Yoghurt, 3-4 tbsp.
- Berries, or other favourite fruit, fresh or frozen, ½ – 1 cup
- In a medium sized bowl combine oats, mashed banana, milk, yoghurt, egg, baking powder and vanilla bean extract until smooth.
- Heat a non stick fry pan to medium to high heat with small amount of oil and pour mixture onto pan. If you have a large enough pan you may be able to fit 3 separate pancakes.
- Allow to cook through until you see bubbles rise and start to burst and then flip with a spatula.
- Allow to cook through on the other side for 1 minute until removing from pan.
- Top with yoghurt and berries.
My top tips:
- For a dairy free alternative use a calcium fortified soy, coconut or almond milk and yoghurt.
- For a sweeter style yoghurt add cinnamon or another drop of vanilla bean extract.