Beef and Bean Mexican Bowl
This recipe is so easy and versatile, I hope you love it as much as I do!
Don’t forget you can find 99 other recipes in my Nutrition Guide and Recipe Collection!
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Lean Beef Mince, raw, 100-150g
- Black Rice, cooked, 75-100g
- Brown Onion, diced, 1/4 Cup, 40g
- Minced Garlic, 1 tsp., 5g
- Red Capsicum, diced, 30g
- Black Beans, 50g
- Corn Kernels, canned, 50g
- Red Onion, Diced, 30g
- Fresh tomato, diced, 80g
- Cos Lettuce, 2-3 Leaves, 20g
- Tinned Diced Tomatoes, 200g
- Tomato paste, no added salt, 2 tbsp., 40g
- Mexican Spice Mix or paprika, 2-5 shakes, 2g
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for cooking
- Lime/Lime juice, 1-2 tsp
- Optional to add fresh or dried chili
1. Lightly oil a non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
2. Fry garlic and brown onion for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add beef mince, Mexican spice and capsicum and cook until mince is no longer pink. Here you can choose to add addional chili.
4. Add diced tinned tomatoes and tomato paste to pan combine well.
5. Cook Black Rice as per instructions or purchase precooked microwave pouches and heat in microwave.
6. Arrange cos lettuce, corn, fresh tomato, red onion and cooked black rice in a bowl with mince or use lettuce leaves to make ‘wraps’.
- Lean turkey and chicken breast also work well
- Brown rice and quinoa or any other wholegrain can substitute black rice
- Choose any of your favourite vegetable or salad sides
- Also goes well topped with sour cream or tasty cheese