Berry, Ricotta and Cacoa Mini Rolls (snack)
Fruit and Dairy are great food groups to include in your snacks. Dairy is an excellent source of protein and calcium and Fruit is rich in essential nutrients that are often under consumed such as potassium, dietary fibre, vitamin C and folate.
Fibre and protein also help promote satiety or ‘fullness’ so are ideal to include in snacks.
Preparation time: 2-5 minutes
- Cheese, Ricotta or Greek yoghurt 2 Tbsp, 35g
- Fresh or Frozen strawberries, 30-40g (Any alternative fruit can be used)
- Mountain Bread, Rye, 1 Piece
- Honey, 1 tsp, 4g
- Cacao nips, 1 tsp
- Mix together ricotta, cacao, honey and strawberries.
- Place in mountain bread.
- Roll it up and enjoy.
- For a dairy alternative, use a calcium fortified soy, almond or coconut milk yoghurt alternative.
- Wrap in cling wrap and store in fridge or in lunch box with ice brick.