Green Chicken Curry with Brown Rice
August 16th 2018, POSTED UNDER > Uncategorized
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Chicken breast, skinless, raw, diced, female 100g, male 125g
- Brown rice, precooked, female 70g, male 90g
- Green curry paste, 1 tsp
- Light and Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk (Nestle Carnation), tinned, 60g/ml
- Fish sauce, 1 tsp (optional)
- Lime or lemon juice, fresh or bottled, 1 tbs
- Spring onion, chopped finely, 50g
- Snow peas, 30g
- Enoki mushrooms (or common), 70g
- Yellow capsicum, sliced finely, ¼ large sized, 70g
- Extra virgin olive oil, up to 1 tsp / 5g
- Heat non-stick fry pan to medium to high heat with minimal oil and add curry paste.
- Add spring onion, mushroom and chicken and brown.
- Add remaining vegetables, lime juice and fish sauce and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until soften.
- Turn heat down to low – medium and add milk.
- Stir through gently for 2 minutes.
- Serve on bed of microwaved rice or add in before transferring onto plate.
|Nutritional Information||Average Quantity|
Per Serve (Female)
Per Serve (Male)
|Servings Per Recipe: 1|
|Serving Size: 480g / 531g|
|Fat – total||6.4g||7.2g|
My top tips:
- Feel free change up the non-starchy vegetable portion to what you prefer or have available. Carrot, beans and zucchini also work well.
- Other lean meats such as fish, beef and lamb also work well.
- Vegetarians can substitute chicken for tofu, beans or legumes.
- For a dairy free option please use light coconut milk but please note energy content will be slightly greater and protein and calcium lower.
For more nutrient dense recipes and a suggested meal plan download my Fit Fabulous Foodie E Book.