Podcast Episode 8: From “Triathlete”, “Fit” And “Healthy” Identity, Without A Period, To Redefining Health and Rediscovering Self – Sarah Menlove, Part 1 of 2.
I am very excited to introduce a former triathlete competitor, HA’er and now Health Coach, Sarah Menlove.
I first met Sarah at a National Qualifying Race for Sprint Distance Triathlon in Moreton Bay, Queensland.
I remember when I first spotted her, the comparisons begun. She looked like a very strong swimmer, which was my weakness.
We ended up both finishing on the podium.
We connected on Facebook and as you may have experienced, your Facebook friends, people you follow on Instagram and your “News feeds” have a huge influence on your life. I remember years later Sarah popping up in my newsfeed and that she had totally undergone a transformation. She had stopped triathlon and shared her struggles not having a period and everything that came with it. In December 2017, according to my Facebook messenger I reached out “Hi Sarah, Wow I am loving your authenticity and raw self sharing your experience on social media. You have obviously learned a lot over the past year and really found yourself. Would you mind if I asked you a question? How long did you not get your period for? What did you do for it to come back and how long did the processes take? Assuming you have it now?” At this time I too had quit triathlon as I knew I it was not the right path for me.
This was me testing the waters. I was very good at ignoring there was a problem but her post obviously made an impact. Over a year later I got my period back after 7 years. Sarah was very kind and was open to sharing, she offered to chat over the phone so we organised a time to chat as at the time in NZ. This obviously sparked something in me but I was not yet ready to 100% commit. It wasn’t until 7 months later on July 20th I was serious about turning my health and life around, as I too used social media but more for accountability and awareness and I went live with my big post and told the world my story and that I was going all in! From this day it took me 5 months to get my period back and after stopping all exercise it took me 3 weeks.
Sarah is a certified holistic health and mastery level transformation coach. Having gone through her own very personal journey of the female athlete triad, orthorexia, stress fracture, hypothalamic amenorrhoea and body image struggles she is now committed to supporting others on their journey.
If you want to find out more about Sarah and how to work with her you can find and message her on social media.
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sarah.menlove or Instagram @sarahmenlove.health or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on my services:
I help women with HA recover their periods, overcome food fear, inappropriate exercise behaviours, body dysmorphia and poor body image and help them to eat intuitively. I also help women who have had HA become pregnant.
My 1:1 coaching program is my most personalised service I offer for women who prefer 1:1 support.
My Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery Small Group Coaching Program contains my proven framework that has successfully supported many of my clients regain their periods, make peace with food and discover food freedom. This was created as is an affordable alternative to my 1:1 coaching that still offers 1:1 attention, support and the accountability you need to break through fears and adopting healthy behavior changes.
Together with a maximum of 5 other women just like you, you’ll take courageous and supported action together to:
- Get clear on what you need to do in order to get your period back
- Break through your health-limiting food rules and beliefs that are holding you back!
- Feel understood, fully supported and be held accountable to take courageous action!
- Understand the menstrual cycle, your hormones and be able to track signs of recovery!
- Have the knowledge, skills and resources to recover your period and fall pregnant naturally!
- Free yourself from guilt and anxiety around eating and establish more intuitive patterns and behaviours
- Uncover the power of love and gratitude for your body and reconnect with your intuitive hunger and fullness cues
- Overcome obsessive exercise behaviours and / or emotional and binge eating
- Allow your body to thrive, now out of its stressed and energy saving mode!
- Feel proud of all your have achieved and overcome, now feeling free!
- Individual attention during each call, in addition to the group coaching and education
- Access to a private Facebook group for the duration of the course, to connect with others on the same journey
- Suggested optional reading, workbook activities and personal challenges to complete between calls
Next Small Group Course Dates: 20th April 2020. Limited spots available.
Apply now through my website or book a free discovery call to give me the opportunity to learn more about you, your biggest struggles and discuss ways I can support you.
I would love if you would connect with me over on Instagram (@amyleegiannotti)