Podcast Episode 12: Intuitive Eating 101; Interview with Founder and Author of Intuitive Eating – Evelyn Tribole
Evelyn Tribole is an award-winning registered dietitian, with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, California. She has a passion helping people create a healthy relationship with their food, mind and body; whether it’s through one-on-one counseling, writing, speaking or media appearances.
She has written nine books including the bestsellers Intuitive Eating and The Intuitive Eating Workbook. Evelyn was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America, appearing from 1994-’95 and was a national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association for 6 years.
She was contributing editor for Shape magazine where her monthly column, Recipe Makeovers, appeared for 11 years. She is often sought by the media for her nutritional expertise and has appeared on hundreds of interviews, including: CNN, Today Show, MSNBC, Fox News, USA Today, Wall St. Journal and People magazine.
Achievements and honors include, receiving the American Dietetic Association’s Award for Excellence in Private Practice. Many national magazines have rated Evelyn as one of the best nutritionists in the country including: Self, Harper’s Bazaar, and Redbook magazine.
Evelyn qualified for the Olympic Trials in the first ever women’s marathon in 1984. Although she no longer competes, Evelyn runs for fun.
Although initially I was a little skeptical of intuitive eating, interestingly facing this discomfort face on was the key to healing my relationship with food and body
Reflecting on the question “Why can’t I trust my body to tell me what to eat?” really does open up a can of worms but allowed me to face the elephant in the room and to be honest it brought truth to the surface that my ‘disordered eating behaviors in my late teens was never truly healed.
Although I thought I “healed myself” it was really like a weed with deep under the surface roots. You can keep running it over with a lawn mower but without pulling it out by the roots it will just keep re sprouting and it may take different forms, and for me this showed up in my relationship with exercise.
In this episode we dive deep into what is Intuitive Eating, how was in founded, who is it for and what does the research show us about its benefits. We also discuss how the Intuitive Eating and the principles are applied to eating disorders.
For more on Evelyn Tribole and her book Intuitive Eating check our her website.
More information on my services:
I help women with HA recover their periods, overcome food fear, inappropriate exercise behaviours, body dysmorphia and poor body image and help them to eat intuitively. I also help women who have had HA become pregnant.
My 1:1 coaching program is my most personalised service I offer for women who prefer 1:1 support.
My Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery Small Group Coaching Program contains my proven framework that has successfully supported many of my clients regain their periods, make peace with food and discover food freedom. This was created as is an affordable alternative to my 1:1 coaching that still offers 1:1 attention, support and the accountability you need to break through fears and adopting healthy behavior changes.
Together with a maximum of 5 other women just like you, you’ll take courageous and supported action together to:
- Get clear on what you need to do in order to get your period back
- Break through your health-limiting food rules and beliefs that are holding you back!
- Feel understood, fully supported and be held accountable to take courageous action!
- Understand the menstrual cycle, your hormones and be able to track signs of recovery!
- Have the knowledge, skills and resources to recover your period and fall pregnant naturally!
- Free yourself from guilt and anxiety around eating and establish more intuitive patterns and behaviours
- Uncover the power of love and gratitude for your body and reconnect with your intuitive hunger and fullness cues
- Overcome obsessive exercise behaviours and / or emotional and binge eating
- Allow your body to thrive, now out of its stressed and energy saving mode!
- Feel proud of all your have achieved and overcome, now feeling free!
- Individual attention during each call, in addition to the group coaching and education
- Access to a private Facebook group for the duration of the course, to connect with others on the same journey
- Suggested optional reading, workbook activities and personal challenges to complete between calls
Next Small Group Course Dates: 20th April 2020. Limited spots available.
Apply now through my website or book a free discovery call to give me the opportunity to learn more about you, your biggest struggles and discuss ways I can support you.
I would love if you would connect with me over on Instagram (@amyleegiannotti)