Podcast Episode 13: Hypothalmic Amenorrea and Trying To Conceive – Interview with Dr Nicola Rinaldi Author of “No Period. Now What?”
In this episode I welcome back to the podcast Dr Nicola Rinaldi, author of ‘No Period Now What?’.
Nicola and I spoke in episode 2 and 3 about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea and recovery, and I shared my journey with HA and what it took to regain not only my period and fertility but my whole life back!
I have recently learned that the “Trying to Conceive” rollercoaster is a ride that many have not been primed for. We often think that when we get out period back, all the hard work and emotional toll is over but to our surprise, for many it requires a whole new level of patience and self-compassion.
Nicola has been in the game of helping suffers of HA with fertility and pregnancy for many years working 1:1 with clients, through her research, writing, speaking and her Facebook community. There is no one else out there like her; with her experience with HA and fertility. I thought she would be the best person to help us navigate through this next life chapter of ‘trying to conceive’.
You can find out more about Nicola and all her amazing work via her website. Don’t forget to purchase her book “No Period. Now What?”
My HA journey was one of the toughest challenges I have experienced in my life and this stems down to the fear of losing my identity or who I believed I was and not feeling special or loved.
I could not be more proud of the courage I took on embarking on this journey as I was able to dig down deep and pull out the roots of life long limiting self-beliefs and lingering disordered eating behaviours that I thought I healed back in my teens! This journey helped set me free. Today I am much more peaceful, happy, grateful and have much more confidence, love and clarity in my life.
Through this experience I have grown extremely passionate about helping others heal from HA and have immersed myself in further research and training to develop my skills and since have been able to successfully help many other women heal and flourish.
The HA recovery treatment is simple but putting it into practice requires overcoming many psychological barriers for change. This includes beliefs and attitudes that relate to our thoughts and then actions and behaviours. So to effectively make change I believe we need to work at the root cause, starting with our core beliefs around our identity, feeling loved and accepted.
If you recognise that you have some unhealthy behaviours around food or exercise that are negatively impacting your physical or psychological health or you are simply feeling stuck, confused or scared, please reach out!
More information on my services:
I help women with HA recover their periods, overcome food fear, inappropriate exercise behaviours, body dysmorphia and poor body image and help them to eat intuitively. I also help women who have had HA become pregnant.
My 1:1 coaching program is my most personalised service I offer for women who prefer 1:1 support.
My Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery Small Group Coaching Program contains my proven framework that has successfully supported many of my clients regain their periods, make peace with food and discover food freedom. This was created as is an affordable alternative to my 1:1 coaching that still offers 1:1 attention, support and the accountability you need to break through fears and adopting healthy behavior changes.
Together with a maximum of 5 other women just like you, you’ll take courageous and supported action together to:
- Get clear on what you need to do in order to get your period back
- Break through your health-limiting food rules and beliefs that are holding you back!
- Feel understood, fully supported and be held accountable to take courageous action!
- Understand the menstrual cycle, your hormones and be able to track signs of recovery!
- Have the knowledge, skills and resources to recover your period and fall pregnant naturally!
- Free yourself from guilt and anxiety around eating and establish more intuitive patterns and behaviours
- Uncover the power of love and gratitude for your body and reconnect with your intuitive hunger and fullness cues
- Overcome obsessive exercise behaviours and / or emotional and binge eating
- Allow your body to thrive, now out of its stressed and energy saving mode!
- Feel proud of all your have achieved and overcome, now feeling free!
- Individual attention during each call, in addition to the group coaching and education
- Access to a private Facebook group for the duration of the course, to connect with others on the same journey
- Suggested optional reading, workbook activities and personal challenges to complete between calls
Next Small Group Course Dates: 20th April 2020. Limited spots available.
Apply now through my website or book a free discovery call to give me the opportunity to learn more about you, your biggest struggles and discuss ways I can support you.
I would love if you would connect with me over on Instagram (@amyleegiannotti)