Podcast Episode 23: Overcoming Binge Eating With Dietitian Nina Mills
Binge eating is a problem many of my clients present with and want to eliminate.
Someone struggling with binge eating will often experience guilt, loss of control, failure and have a belief that the answer lies in having better control and willpower!
In reality treatment for binge eating has nothing to do with willpower or failure. Binge eating is a normal physiological response to restriction.
In this episode I chat with fellow dietitian Nina Mills about what binge eating is and how we overcome it! A spoiler, it’s not another diet!
Nina Mills is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor and founder of the private practice Feel Good Eating based in Melbourne, Australia.
With practice values rooted in social justice and a client-centred, weight-inclusive approach to nutrition and dietetics she has gone on to do extensive additional training in the Non-Diet Approach, Health At Every Size®, Intuitive Eating, eating disorders and the areas of body image and eating competence.
In her practice, she offers in person and virtual nutrition counselling and online programs for clients with eating and body concerns. Nina uses the principles of Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size to help people reconnect with their bodies, make food choices from a place of self-care and ultimately feel good eating.
Below are the links Nina refers to in the podcast:
More information on my services:
I help women with HA recover their periods, overcome food fear, inappropriate exercise behaviours, body dysmorphia and poor body image and help them to eat intuitively. I also help women who have had HA become pregnant.
My 1:1 coaching program is my most personalised service I offer for women who prefer 1:1 support.
My Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery Small Group Coaching Program contains my proven framework that has successfully supported many of my clients regain thier periods, make peace with food and discover food freedom. This was created as is an affordable alternative to my 1:1 coaching that still offers 1:1 attention, support and the accountability you need to break through fears and adopting healthy behavior changes.
Together with a maximum of 5 other women just like you, you’ll take courageous and supported action together to:
- Get clear on what you need to do in order to get your period back
- Break through your health-limiting food rules and beliefs that are holding you back!
- Feel understood, fully supported and be held accountable to take courageous action!
- Understand the menstrual cycle, your hormones and be able to track signs of recovery!
- Have the knowledge, skills and resources to recover your period and fall pregnant naturally!
- Free yourself from guilt and anxiety around eating and establish more intuitive patterns and behaviours
- Uncover the power of love and gratitude for your body and reconnect with your intuitive hunger and fullness cues
- Overcome obsessive exercise behaviours and / or emotional and binge eating
- Allow your body to thrive, now out of its stressed and energy saving mode!
- Feel proud of all your have achieved and overcome, now feeling free!
- Individual attention during each call, in addition to the group coaching and education
- Access to a private Facebook group for the duration of the course, to connect with others on the same journey
- Suggested optional reading, workbook activities and personal challenges to complete between calls
Next Small Group Course Dates: 20th April 2020. Limited spots available.
Apply now through my website or book a free discovery call to give me the opportunity to learn more about you, your biggest struggles and discuss ways I can support you.
I would love if you would connect with me over on Instagram (@amyleegiannotti)