Podcast Episode 7: Disordered Eating, Diet Culture, Health at Every Size, Privilege and Risk and Protective Factors With Non-Diet Dietitian Fiona Sutherland
Fiona Sutherland is Non-Diet Dietitian, Eating Disorder Specialist, Sports Dietitian, Yoga Teacher and Director of The Mindful Dietitian.
With over 20 years experience working in the area of Eating Disorders she now works to serve others from a higher level, that is through the training of Dietitians and other health professionals.
She is very passionate about her work and in making a real difference to supporting others to have a healthy relationship with food and their bodies.
In this episode Fiona and I talk over a wide range of topics and issues under the umbrella of ‘Disordered Eating’.
We talk through ‘how do I know if I have an eating disorder?’, the types, risk and protective factors that can be a particular intertest for parents/carers, how can we help someone we suspect has an eating disorder and what is driving this huge issue in our society today.
Fiona and I chat about how when you see the problem there is no going back when it comes to ‘diets’, health and really serving others.
You can find out more about Fiona from her website here.
I really hope this brings great assistance, wherever you are in your journey yourself or in supporting others!
More information on my services:
I help women with HA recover their periods, overcome food fear, inappropriate exercise behaviours, body dysmorphia and poor body image and help them to eat intuitively. I also help women who have had HA become pregnant.
My 1:1 coaching program is my most personalised service I offer for women who prefer 1:1 support.
My Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery Small Group Coaching Program contains my proven framework that has successfully supported many of my clients regain their periods, make peace with food and discover food freedom. This was created as is an affordable alternative to my 1:1 coaching that still offers 1:1 attention, support and the accountability you need to break through fears and adopting healthy behavior changes.
Together with a maximum of 5 other women just like you, you’ll take courageous and supported action together to:
- Get clear on what you need to do in order to get your period back
- Break through your health-limiting food rules and beliefs that are holding you back!
- Feel understood, fully supported and be held accountable to take courageous action!
- Understand the menstrual cycle, your hormones and be able to track signs of recovery!
- Have the knowledge, skills and resources to recover your period and fall pregnant naturally!
- Free yourself from guilt and anxiety around eating and establish more intuitive patterns and behaviours
- Uncover the power of love and gratitude for your body and reconnect with your intuitive hunger and fullness cues
- Overcome obsessive exercise behaviours and / or emotional and binge eating
- Allow your body to thrive, now out of its stressed and energy saving mode!
- Feel proud of all your have achieved and overcome, now feeling free!
- Individual attention during each call, in addition to the group coaching and education
- Access to a private Facebook group for the duration of the course, to connect with others on the same journey
- Suggested optional reading, workbook activities and personal challenges to complete between calls
Next Small Group Course Dates: 20th April 2020. Limited spots available.
Apply now through my website or book a free discovery call to give me the opportunity to learn more about you, your biggest struggles and discuss ways I can support you.
I would love if you would connect with me over on Instagram (@amyleegiannotti)